Re: [Exim] Retry rules not working correctly?

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Jeffrey Wheat
CC: Exim Users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Retry rules not working correctly?
On Thu, 1 Aug 2002, Jeffrey Wheat wrote:

> 34d       17NuLH-0000Lw-00 <> *** frozen ***
>           Pat@???

> 34d       17NvCa-0006hY-00 <> *** frozen ***
>           contessa18@???

> 34d       17Nwzx-000MON-00 <>
>           Trifecta01@???

> 34d       17Nx33-000Mq6-00 <>
>           ylpoint@???

> I have the Exim book, have read the relevant section on this. I have the following settings in my 4.10 config file:
>
> auto_thaw = 600s
> ignore_bounce_errors_after = 12h
> timeout_frozen_after = 3d
> begin retry
> *.cetlink.net          quota
> *.cetlink.net          *           F,3d,10m; G,16h,2h,1.5; F,4d,6h
> *                      refused     F,8h,20m
> *                      *           F,2h,15m; G,16h,2h,1.5; F,4d,8h

> What am I doing wrong? Suggestions appreciated.

I can't see anything obviously wrong with your configuration. I presume
you have restarted the daemon since changing the config file, and I also
presume you are running queue runners regularly.

To find out what is going on, you could try running a queue runner by
hand, just for one of those messages, by a command like this (run as an
exim admin user):

exim -d -q 17NuLH-0000Lw-00 17NuLH-0000Lw-00

(You have to give the id twice, to specify the beginning and end of the
range of messages to deliver.)

It might also be worth running "exinext ofr.mb00.net".