Re: [Exim] eximstats errors

Author: Alexander Sabourenkov
To: Tamas TEVESZ
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] eximstats errors
Tamas TEVESZ wrote:
> On Fri, 2 Aug 2002, Alexander Sabourenkov wrote:
>
> > Aha - with dollar signs in them.
>
> likely, this would be the problem.
>
> though i'm having hard times to reproduce it. i d/l'd your log, and
> ran eximstats from 4.10 (that's 1.16) on it. it gives me the stats,
> and only the stats. no errors at all. (it's not a compiled exim, just
> a source tree, where i took eximstats.src from, gave it the correct
> perl interpreter and
>
> $ ./eximstats.116 exim-log-that-makes-eximstats-choke.gz
>
> same 3.35/3.36's eximstats...
>
> i'm confused i think :)

Hmm.
I took eximstats from 4.10 just as you did and it produced no errors.
Though it's 1.16 and the one I used before is 1.16 too, from 4.03 release.

doing diff...

+# 2002-07-02  Fixed "uninitialized variable" message that occurred for relay
+#               messages that arrived from H=[1.2.3.4] hosts (no name shown).
+#               This bug didn't affect the output.

+      $ip = "" if !defined $ip;

Maybe it's good idea to bump version number to avoid confusion.

./lxnt