[Exim] relay error trying to send !+local_domain mail throug…

Autor: Flemming Christensen
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [Exim] relay error trying to send !+local_domain mail through gateway ?
>> Thanks for the help, I created the new router, but now it complains
>>about not being able to relay. Guess I have to read the documentation
>>again :)
>If you give details of the router, and exactly where it complains about
>not being able to relay, maybe the list can help you.

as suggested in the FAQ I replaced the dnslookup router with a new router to send all external mail through a mailsweeper (gateway)

#dnslookup:
# driver = dnslookup
# domains = ! +local_domains
# transport = remote_smtp
# ignore_target_hosts = 0.0.0.0 : 127.0.0.0/8
# no_more

send_to_mailsweeper:
driver = manualroute
domains = !+local_domains
transport = remote_smtp
route_list = * 10.1.8.98

Whenever the router tries t send a mail I can see this in the exim_main.log file:

2002-08-01 10:26:28 17aBHs-0003T4-00 ** fc@??? R=send_to_mailsweeper T=remote_smtp: SMTP error from remote mailer
after RCPT TO:<fc@???>: host 10.1.8.98 [10.1.8.98]: 501 5.7.1 This system is not configured to relay mail from <post@???> to <fc@???> for 10.1.8.90

How can I create a relay rule to support this ?