Re: [Exim] Routing with Spamcop

Autor: Mark Edwards
A: Matthew Byng-Maddick
CC: exim list
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Routing with Spamcop
Okey dokey, I got this working finally. Mail that comes in is given a
warning header if it is in the dns blacklist. The warning header is then
used to route the mail to a special user account for review. The one odd
thing that hopefully someone here can explain is that spam for users that
have a :fail: setting in my alias file gets rejected outright with the
:fail: message rather than routed to the special user, even though the spam
router comes before the alias routers. I actually don't necessarily mind
this behavior, but I would like to know how to control it.

Here's the setup I've settled on:

[From ACL section]

warn    message       = X-Warning: $sender_host_address is in a black list
at $dnslist_domain
         log_message   = found in $dnslist_domain
         dnslists      = bl.spamcop.net

..

[From Routers section]

spam_trap:
driver = redirect
condition = ${if def:h_X-Warning: {yes}{no}}
data = spam
file_transport = address_file
no_verify
no_more

After the spam_trap router comes some alias routers for my virtual domains.
Why does exim decide that a :fail: setting in an alias takes precedence
over a redirection that occurs before it in the configure file, and can
this be controlled?

Thanks.

--
Mark Edwards