Re: [Exim] [patch] flock() support for appendfile

Author: Mark Rigby-Jones
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] [patch] flock() support for appendfile
On Wed, 31 Jul 2002, at 16:10, Philip Hazel typed:
> I will take a look at it in due course, for inclusion in the main source
> tree. If it's small, I may just put it in; or I may require a
> compile-time option setting.

Given the differeing standards of flock/fcntl interoperability, it might
make sense for there to be a compile time option anyway - you don't really
want it enabled on systems where flock() is a wrapper around fcntl() etc.
I'm also unsure whether it really makes sense to have a separate timeout
for flock locks or just to use lock_fcntl_timeout.

In any case, presumably I need to port the functionality into exim_lock for
a final patch.

mrj
--
              Mark Rigby-Jones, Head of Systems, ts.com Ltd
      Windsor House, 12 High Street, Kidlington, Oxford OX5 2PJ, UK