SV: [Exim] how to send all mail from Exim through a mailswe…

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Flemming Christensen
Para: exim-users
Asunto: SV: [Exim] how to send all mail from Exim through a mailsweeper ona different server ?
Philip

Thanks for the help, I created the new router, but now it complains about not being able to relay. Guess I have to read the documentation again :)

I'm using Exim 4.05

Since you are the father of Exim I will take this opportinity to get this of my chest:
-----
To answer yours and other peoples [non flamable] remarks regarding "Use The F[ine] Manual / FAQ"

The reason why I didn't find this in the FAQ was because I tried to lookup "relay to". (my postfix background)

I'm sure that I will learn how to search the FAQ, but it's difficult if you're not used to the terminology used in Exim. It's also difficult it you know what you want Exim to do, but don't have a clue on how it could be done in Exim and where to look for it.

In Postfix it's "relay" in Exim it's a router with driver=manualrouter.

Well, I guess I'm not clever enough to use Exim because I don't find the documenation and FAQ easy to search and understand.

I have used way to much time to get mysql lookups to work, reading, trying, reading, and asking questions on the maillist. Half the time you get remarks like UTFM, and it's usual from people who clearly has been working with Exim for a long time.
Why isn't there a basic description on how to use mysql in Exim and a basic description on how to set up virtual domain/users with mysql ? That will help a lot of users. I received a lot of request for my configuration file after I got it to work.

Please try to make room for us rookies and slow learners, or maybe create a special maillinglist.

Just my 2 cents
-----

Flemming