Re: [Exim] Logging headers

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Philip Hazel
To: Mike Richardson
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Logging headers
On Wed, 31 Jul 2002, Mike Richardson wrote:

> I'd like to be able to log any X-Mailer headers in mainlog. It'd help
> with gathering information about the service usage and with debugging
> client issues.
>
> Afaict there is no way to do this currently with the log_selector
> command. Anyone know of any quick and easy ways of doing it?

1. You could do it in a system filter using logfile and logwrite.

2. You could use an "unseen" router to a transport with headers_only to
save all headers, or to a transport with a transport filter that saves
just the ones you want. (Or to a pipe that does what you want.)

> Could I suggest an addition to the wish list: arbitary header logging.

There's a more general wish list item to allow for a local hook like
local_scan() to be added for all logging, but that is rather overkill
for this particular requirement.

One problem I see with header logging in the main log is how to format
it. One possibility would be to define an option that lets you set a
string to be added to the <= line. Then the format is your problem. :-)