Re: [Exim] reject log information

Autor: Glenn Carver
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] reject log information
Phil,

Thanks for the reply. Sorry I'm not being very specific am I? Let's
forget the logging from the exim-filter. I understand that. I only
mentioned it as a comparison (bad idea).

The log_message qualifier I know about and understand. This just adds
to the log information written out. My question is concerns the rest
of the information written out: the sending host, mailfrom & rcpt to
information before the log_message string is written.

If I reject a message using an acl_smtp_rcpt, then the log includes
the host,mailfrom & rcptto info. If I reject a message using an
acl_smtp_data, then I get this but also all the headers. Presumably
this is because at the acl_smtp_data stage Exim has all the headers
and decides to write them out. I was just wondering if I can turn
this off? (I'm just being fussy, I can live with it. Just trying to
cut down on my logfile size).

One other small question. In reporting the F=<user@???>
address in the mainlog, what variable should I use in the exim-filter
to get the same address? I'm afraid I get confused over the
differences between $sender_address, $return_path etc and I'd like to
get my logging consistent.

Thanks for your patience!

Glenn