[Exim] reject log information

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Glenn Carver
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: [Exim] reject log information
I have a small query concerning what determines the information
written out to the reject log files. I seem to get differing amounts
of information depending on where it's done.

For example, if my exim-filter rejects a message and uses:
logwrite "Exim filter rejected message"

in the rejectlog file I get this exactly verbatim. ie. a line would
appear thus:
Exim filter rejected message.

However, if I reject a message from one of the acl_smtp_data then the
log entry prints out the TOD, the value of the 'message' option and
also the headers.

Am I right in thinking that exim is defaults to different amounts of
logging information depending on where the rejection is done?

I know how to add more to the log for the exim-filter rejections;
what I can't find is how to affect the logging from the acls?

Glenn
--

Dr. Glenn Carver, Centre for Atmospheric Science, Univ. of Cambridge,
Chemistry Dept., Lensfield Road, Cambridge, CB2 1EW, UK.

mailto:Glenn.Carver@atm.ch.cam.ac.uk  http://www.atm.ch.cam.ac.uk/~glenn/
Phone: +44 (1223) 763827      ** please note new numbers **
Fax:   +44 (1223) 763823