Re: [Exim] Conditional queuing

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Peter A. Savitch
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Conditional queuing
On Tue, 30 Jul 2002, Peter A. Savitch wrote:

> Does anybody know is there a mech for queueing outbound mail
> conditionaly? This rule might be particulary usefull when accepting
> local trasnport (pipe), and the desision is made on $originator_uid or
> $recipients_count. I want to enforce queuing for some users while
> allowing others to do immediate SMTP delivery.

You can't stop an immediate delivery process starting up on the basis of
where the message came from. You can, however, cause that process to
defer all deliveries by putting this (untested) as your first router:

delay_some:
  driver = redirect
  allow_defer
  condition = ${if and {                        \
                 {eq{$originator_uid}{1234}}    \
                 {!queue_running}               \
                 }{yes}{no}}                    \
  data = :defer: you don't get to go until a queue run