Re: [Exim] MailScanner with Exim 4.x query

Author: mark david mcCreary
To: Gary MacIsaac
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] MailScanner with Exim 4.x query
>Hi,
>
>I am having some initial problems with the configuration of Exim 4.01 with
>MailScanner 3.21 on Red Hat Linux 7.2. I have put together the config
>files for each Exim (prescaned mail arriving) and outbound (after
>MailScanner processed it). However, I am not quite sure what changes to
>the routers for the prescanned Exim are required. The current docs for
>Exim/MailScanner describe separate director / routers however this design
>changed with 4.x.
>
>Suggestions greatly appreciated,
>Gary.
>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>This is what I tried with the prescanner Exim configuration, which is
>followed by the usual dnslookup router:
>
>defer_router:
>    driver = redirect
>    allow_defer
>    data = :defer:

For Exim 4 and Mailscanner, try this for the incoming email configuration.

begin routers

lookuphost:
driver = dnslookup
verify_only
transport = smtp

literal:
driver = ipliteral
verify_only
transport = smtp

defer_router:
driver = manualroute
route_list = * 127.0.0.1 byname
self = defer

begin transports

smtp:
driver = smtp

Do not run any queue runners, just exim -bd for the incoming email
configuration. You need the verify_only routers in case your ACL
statements are verifying things.

Then Mailscanner will move the mail to the outgoing queue, and you
will have a normal Exim configuration file, and you will run a queue
runner every minute.

I hope that helps.

mark