Re: [Exim] problem sending mail to mailinglist

Author: Steve Haslam
To: exim-users
On Mon, Jul 29, 2002 at 02:11:13PM +0200, raouljp@??? wrote:
> why am i not able to send messages to malinglists where i'm sebscrided ?
>
> in email-aliases i have add:
>
> febousr: raouljp@???
>
> my smtp is mail.inwind.it
>
> this is the mail returned to me:

[cut]
>   glux@???
>     SMTP error from remote mailer after RCPT TO:<glux@???>:
>     host mail.inwind.it [193.70.192.50]: 550 RCPT
> TO:<glux@???> Relaying not allowed

[cut]

The mail.inwind.it server is not configured to relay mail from your machine.

You're getting the email from Exim since mail.inwind.it rejected the message
during SMTP, not by sending you an error message itself.

If you are the administratoir of mail.inwind.it, you have a configuration
error on it (you need to add your machine to relay_hosts, for example).
Otherwise, you need to contact the mail.inwind.it administrator to resolve.

HTH

SRH
--
Steve Haslam      Reading, UK                           araqnid@???