RE: [Exim] Receiving email on the server.

Author: Mike Gifford
To: Juha Saarinen
CC: exim list
Subject: RE: [Exim] Receiving email on the server.
Hello Juha,

On Sat, 2002-07-27 at 22:42, Juha Saarinen wrote:
> On 27 Jul 2002, Mike Gifford wrote:
> >  On Sat, 2002-07-27 at 15:56, Derrick MacPherson wrote:
> >  > What type of OS are you on?
> >  Redhat 7.1 (with some upgrades)
> In that case, do (as root, or with sudo):
>     service exim restart

Will try that.. Looks easier.

> Did you remember to uninstall Sendmail? Check with:
>     rpm -qa | grep sendmail

Had unistnalled sendmail at one point this evening (but I think after I
had sent this message)

> If the command shows any Sendmail related packages, uninstal them with
> 'rpm -e'.

Just a sendmail-cf left (config) that I'll remove shortly..

I was really hoping that there would be some way to easily install exim
& mailman on a redhat 7.x server.. Would think it was a fairly common
request..

Mike
--
Mike Gifford, OpenConcept Consulting, http://www.openconcept.ca
Open Source Web Applications for Social Change.