Re: [Exim] how do I create a filter

Página Inicial
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Sebastien Bernard
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] how do I create a filter
On Fri, 26 Jul 2002, Sebastien Bernard wrote:

> Also, I am sure you are a very bright man, certainly brighter than me, I just thanks God for not have let me do my studies in Cambridge university, not letting me meet
> teachers as "dry" and "humanless" than you seems to be.

Please,

Calm down, calm down!

That's what I was trying to get you to do with my first message, but
clearly I failed. Sorry about that. It is far too easy to write emails
that give the wrong impression, especially when the native languages of
the readers and writers are different. I seem to have failed badly in
this instance.

It is also far too easy for discussions on mailing lists to degenerate
into flame wars. As the author of Exim, I spend a lot of time reading
this list. So far, it has remained pretty free of flames, and with a
cooperative spirit. I'd like to keep it that way, because I don't like
confrontations, and I don't handle stress well. That's why I made my
remark about expletives.

That probably also sounds dry and pompous, but I can't think of any way
of saying it that doesn't.

You'd be safe coming to Cambridge. I am not a teacher. I am a software
developer.

> Anyway, no flame, I immediately stop subscription on that guru's list.

As a non-Exim-admin, I don't expect that you would gain very much from
this list, because the topics are all admin related, though there are
plenty of non-gurus on the list. However, I regret that you are leaving
in an apparently unhappy state of mind.

Philip