Re: [Exim] SpamAssassin and large mail

Autor: Sam Michaels
A: Eric Kuzniar, exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] SpamAssassin and large mail
> likely be worse than the ailment. If a spammer really wanted to get around
> spamassasin they would download it and simply tailor the messages so that
> the only thing that gets tagged are the false headers and avoid scoring

any
> points for text in the body. This would get through most default configs

and
> be much more efficient than blowing their most limited resource,

bandwidth.

http://www.samthecomputerman.com/email.txt

Looks like they already did :)

I just installed version 2.31 of SA today, and it still doesn't trigger it
for that spam:

        version=2.31

I guess they're wording stuff more carefully now. But I think 1 spam out of
800 (samthecomputerman.com/sys) is an acceptable false negative. Of course,
I didn't tweak the settings at all...it's out-of-the-box scoring.

-Sam