[Exim] SMTP Auth on Freebsd - Not possible do to permissions…

Autor: Derrick
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [Exim] SMTP Auth on Freebsd - Not possible do to permissions?
Am I correct in thinking that SMTP Auth is not doable on FreeBSD because
/etc/master.passwd is rw only for root.wheel.. Is it possible to create a
script to dump the password field out of the master.passwd field into
either the /etc/passwd file? or cut the username and passwords out of
master.passwd into a new file? Am I missing something dramatically here, I
have been diggin through the archives, and this seems to be what I'm
seeing, or at least it's the most common answer I have come across.

Derrick MacPherson
derrick@???