Re: [Exim] no local_scan message with -bS?

Góra strony
Autor: Philip Hazel
Dla: Sven Geggus
CC: exim-users
Temat: Re: [Exim] no local_scan message with -bS?
On Thu, 25 Jul 2002, Sven Geggus wrote:

> Hm, using exim4.10 and the appropriate Version of exiscan (4.10-11) I still
> don't get the expected errormail bounced back to the original sender.
>
> All I get is this:
>
> --cut--
> Execution request failed:
>         rsmtp user@testdomain
> Standard error output was:
> --cut--

That isn't an Exim message. Those texts don't occur anywhere in the
source of Exim.

> As I already said, in SMTP bounces one will see the reason of the bounce, in
> rsmtp bounces all you see is an emty message.

What is rsmtp calling? If it really is "exim -bS" then there must be
something different between your environment and mine. The test that is
now in my test suite produces a message like this on stderr:

exim: message rejected by local scan code: this message isn't wanted

An error was detected while processing a file of BSMTP input.
The error message was:

550 not wanted -bS

The SMTP transaction started in line 0.
The error was detected in line 7.
The rest of the batch was abandoned.

It also produces this on stdout:

550 not wanted -bS

Transaction started in line 0
Error detected in line 7

> BTW, which is the correct exim Variable one should put to the -a Option of
> uux?

I'm afraid I can't help you there. I've never used UUCP.

Philip