Re: [Exim] help needed

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Antony Carr
CC: Tamas TEVESZ, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] help needed
On Thu, 25 Jul 2002, Antony Carr wrote:

> > you can use the smartuser driver to force the use of a specific
> > transport; which, in turn, would be something that forcibly sends the
> > message to server B.
> Would i be right in guessing the way of doing this would be through piping to
> a program, or is there a way of doing this internally, since i do not appear
> to be able to use the domainlist driver in a transport.

domainlist is a router, not a transport. Routers (and directors in Exim
3) take decisions; transports carry out the delivery actions.

Your guessing is wrong. Use smartuser to direct to an smtp transport;
the transport defines the destination.

On page 98 of the O'Reilly book there is a section entitled "Virus
Checking on an External Host" which I think covers what you are trying
to do. (But note that the book is for Exim 3 only.)