Re: [Exim] Pipe Transport + SpamAssassin = Double Exim Proce…

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: John Horne
To: exim-users
Neue Treads: SpamAssassin and large mail was Re: [Exim] Pipe Transport + SpamAssassin = Double Exim Processes. Solution?
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Pipe Transport + SpamAssassin = Double Exim Processes. Solution?
On Wed, 2002-07-24 at 21:28, Richard, WhidbeyNet NOC wrote:
> This seems to triple the amount of work. Exim handles the message as it
> comes in, then sends the entire message to spamassassin or spamc, who
> sends it to another Exim, which is delivered by the system filter. What
> if the message is 10M in size? And keep in mind, it has to do this 2,500
> times an hour.

By default SpamAssassin lets through 'large' messages, which by default
are those of 250KB in size. So 10MB is not likely to be a spam message
really.

> So, is using a pipe transport our only option? Is there no way to run
> "spamc -c" from Exim, and use that exit code to make a delivery
> determination? It'd be great to see something like:

Take a look at the Exim ${run function which returns $runrc, and
spamc/spamd can be run simply to check mail and return a return code. We
don't use it but it may be what you want.

In our case, yes, SA seems to cause twice the work - the message arrives
is processed by SA and then re-injected into Exim. The logs show two
entries per scanned message. I'm looking at using SA via local_scan
instead to scan the message once, then add a header to say if it needs
processing per-recipient or something like that.

Regards,

John.
--
John Horne, University of Plymouth, UK       Tel: +44 (0)1752 233914
E-mail: jhorne@???