Re: [Exim] exim, virtual users & mysql

Author: sharun
To: Joey Olson
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] exim, virtual users & mysql
It is not difficult.
U'll need to add:
1. In ACL_check_rcpt section: condition, that checks
validity of RCPT To: user
Looks like:

  deny    domains       = yourdomain.tld
          !condition    = \
${lookup mysql{select username from user where username='$local_part'}{yes}{no}}
          message       = <$local_part@$domain>... no such user

you may spcify another checks (deleted mailbox, over quota, etc..) and
acl_check_rcpt for your virtual domains must ends with:

  accept  domains       = yourdomain.tld
          endpass
          verify        = recipient

2. In routers section: router, that points mail for virtual domains
to virtuser_delivery transport

that's easy:
virtdomain:
    driver = accept
    transport = virtual_delivery
    domains = yourdomain.tld

3. In transport section: specify transpor, that put mail
to virtual user dir.

virtual_delivery:
driver = appendfile
file = /var/mail/$local_part
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Here you must specify SELECT from your database,
that points exim where to store mail for $local_part
delivery_date_add
envelope_to_add
return_path_add
group = somegroup
user = someuser
mode = 0660

Of course, you may specify domain_list in 'domains=' and serving unlimited
numbers of virtual domains by that cheme.