Re: [Exim] RE: Rejecting forged local addresses

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: John W Baxter
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] RE: Rejecting forged local addresses
At 18:38 +0100 7/23/2002, Dr Andrew C Aitchison wrote:
>I've personally received two spams today pupporting to be sent by me
>which were only sent to me, so I doubt that the number of RCPT's will
>help.

These seem to be the "second wave". If the recipient is failed (for not
existing), the engine that produces this one seems to use the next name on
its list as the replacement recipient. Since the lists used are quite old
(we're seeing addresses in a form we rewrote outbound addresses to for a
while years ago), there is a fair amount of that. Good luck writing a
filter which without false positives stops a@??? sending to
ab@???. (Although a sender verify would get these.)

--John

--