Re: [Exim] Putting EXIM in Front Of Exchange

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Glen Mehn
To: Dave C.
CC: andrew, exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Putting EXIM in Front Of Exchange

Dave C. wrote:

>>What I've done successfully is to setup a double-DNS section.
>>Publically, you have
>>
>>   IN    MX    5    exim.yourhost.com.
>>    IN    MX    10    exchange.yourhost.com.

>>(the reason exchange is on there is for failover-- the exchange machine
>>will receive mail if exim ever goes down, just that spam/virus/etc will
>>get through-- your risk, of course)
>>
>>Then, you make your intranet DNS servers route mail like this:
>>
>>    IN    MX    5    exchange.yourhost.com.
>>    IN    MX    10    exim.yourhost.com.

> Ugh. My god why? Just use a domainlist(exim3) or manualroute(exim4)
> router to tell the exim box where to deliver mail.. You shouldnt list
> internal servers in a public DNS at all.

The reason(s) for the exchange server are outlined below-- in case exim
goes down, etc.

This also allows you to use exim as your smtp server, splitting the load.

I realise this is a bit of a hack, but in the past, it's worked well
when I used mails for mon, et al, and had them routed to different
processes-- it was easy, quick, and it worked. Although,
domainlist/manualroute is a better option.