Re: [Exim] Using exim with getmail

Página Inicial
Autor: Laurent DARRAMBIDE
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Using exim with getmail
On Tue, Jul 23, 2002 at 12:06:44PM -0400, Dave C. wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Jul 2002, Laurent DARRAMBIDE wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> > i've got trouble using exim as filter with a program called getmail, a
> > placeholder for fetchmail.
>
> s/placeholder/replacement/ ?

oops!! was sure i saw it before :o)
mv placeholder > /dev/null
s/placeholder/replacement/

> > I can't use exim as postmaster in the gemailrc file; neither
> > postmaster="| /path/to/exim" nor postmaster="|/path/to/exim login" work.
> > Any suggestions?

> exim is not a filter - exim is an MTA (Mail Transport Agent), eg, a mail
> server (that happens to support something it calls filtering when
> delivering messages)

sure, that's what i'm looking for; i can use exim with fetchmail in *replacement* <g> of procmail by putting ....wants
mda="/usr/sbin/exim %T" in my fetchmailrc.
but this doesn't work with getmail.
thanks
--
Laurent DARRAMBIDE, France