Re: [Exim] autoreply transport (newbie)

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Philip Hazel
To: Sergei Gerasenko
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] autoreply transport (newbie)
On Mon, 22 Jul 2002, Sergei Gerasenko wrote:

> Now, the reason I was asking about "mode" in relation to "mail" was because I
> wanted to know how one can use the "mode"/"once" or (any other
> reply_transport specific options for that matter) in a user filter
> (stored in a .forward). Or if it's not possible to do from the filter
> itself, how can one refer to a configured reply_transport in the exim
> configuration file from a configured forwardfile director?

You can use "once" in a "mail" command, but not "mode".

> But there seems to be no way to
> specify that the reply_transport should be used in case a "mail" command
> is encountered in the .forward file. Or is it automatically assumed?

It is assumed. That is exactly what reply_transport is for. It specifies
the transport that is used for "mail" commands in filter files. That is
*all* it is used for!

> But
> then I thought about how I would specify "mode" and "once" options in
> the .forward file and couldn't come up with an answer.

For "once", you just specify "once".

> Now, I see what's happening. So sendmail canonicizes domain names.

Yes.

> That's interesting. I should take a look at those RFC's. A quick
> question on the "return path" header. As I understand, it's added to the
> message by the last email server in the email route and it's taken from
> the smtp "MAIL FROM" command without any rewriting or any other DNS
> trickery? Is that correct?

It is taken from the MAIL command, yes. There may be configured
rewriting, but otherwise Exim won't touch it. I don't know what Sendmail
does.