Re: [Exim] exim & TLS

Autor: Matt Bernstein
A: Roxik
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] exim & TLS
On Jul 22 Roxik wrote:

>1) I have mail gateway and some domains. My base domain is: mail.x.pl
>Any user with own domain have this line in domain zone:
>mail IN CNAME mail.x.pl.
>
> So, How i can sign ssl cert? what write as domain?
> The M$ outlook always display warning message "cert & domain mismatch".

You should have the same "common name" (mail.x.pl) on your certificate as
the name your MUAs use in their settings for SMTP server. That should fix
the mismatch--I don't think it's a signing problem.

>2) My ssl sesion of exim listen on 25 port. When client sent STARTTLS
>then connection is secured. Some M$ programs listen on secured ssmtp
>port. Is a exim have same settings on port 25 to 465?

Quite a few MUAs connect to (not listen on!) port 465--I use stunnel on
the server listening on 465 and redirecting to localhost:587, and I
require authentication on port 587 to avoid magically becoming an open
relay :)

Matt