Re: [Exim] PATH oddity in pipe transport

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Glenn Carver
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] PATH oddity in pipe transport
On 2002.07.22 10:35 Philip Hazel wrote:

> > Now if I change the transport_filter line to read:
> > transport_filter = /usr/bin/tee -a /tmp/spamcheck.log
> >
> > ..it works! The log file shows a clean delivery and as expected I get a copy of the message in /tmp/spamcheck.log.
>
> But note that you'll get interleaved messages if two arrive at once...

Which got me wondering.. how would one approach writing a transport_filter in general then. How can the filter distinguish between separate messages arriving at once? This is a general question from the point of view of writing transport filters. (presumably spamc has a way of doing it).

Glenn

--

Dr. Glenn Carver, Centre for Atmospheric Science, Univ. of Cambridge,
Chemistry Dept., Lensfield Road, Cambridge, CB2 1EW, UK.

mailto:Glenn.Carver@atm.ch.cam.ac.uk  http://www.atm.ch.cam.ac.uk/~glenn/
Phone: +44 (1223) 763827      ** please note new numbers **
Fax:   +44 (1223) 763823