Re: [Exim] Delaying transport for a particular address

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Glenn Carver
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Delaying transport for a particular address
On Sat, 20 Jul 2002, Glenn Carver wrote:

> Thanks for your email. There's a typo in the exim 4 FAQ for Q9807 (as
> well as the lack of allow_defer).

Thanks. Both fixed in the newly released version.

> Just out of curiousity, suppose I wanted to defer a message based on
> the time-of-day and only attempt delivery after 2am. I've seen the
> $tod variables but I'd need a bit of regex to strip out and test just
> the hour of the day. And I'm not a regex wiz.. how would I do it?

${if match{$tod_log}{\N^.{11}(\d\d)\N}{$1}}

expands to the hour of the day. Thus, a condition that yields "yes"
between the hours of 2 am and 8 am is:

condition = ${if and                                                  \
                 {                                                    \
                     {${if match{$tod_log}{\N^.{11}(\d\d)\N}{$1}}}    \
                     {${if match{$tod_log}{\N^.{11}(\d\d)\N}{$1}}}    \
                 {yes}{no}}