[Exim] Re: Newbie: Mail relay

Página Inicial
Autor: Derrick 'dman' Hudson
Para: exim-users
Assunto: [Exim] Re: Newbie: Mail relay
--
On Sun, Jul 21, 2002 at 06:04:26PM +1000, andrew mouawad wrote:

| I would like to be able to have cgi scripts running on my web server and use
| FormMail.pl,

Use 'cgiemail' instead. It is secure (not a big SPAM hole), and
allows you to do much better formatting of the data that will be
returned (both to the web user and to the person receiving the email).

| however I don't know how to get my web server to forward or
| relay the mail to the mail server

You use a mail server (which is an SMTP client) to send mail from one
machine to another.

| I would prefer to do this instead of having to setup exim or
| sendmail on my web server.

Check out ssmtp (which I have used on a windows machine) or
nullmailer.

-D

--
The Lord detests all the proud of heart.
Be sure of this: They will not go unpunished.

http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/