Re: [Exim] Exim and user account...

Página Inicial
Autor: ch045-2
Para: Dave C., ch045-2
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Exim and user account...
> Ergo, cyrus and qpopper can't share a mailstore. However, I beleive
> cyrus now supports POP as well. I can however tell you that cyrus is a
> boar to get working properly.

That's not a problem.
Normaly, i use pop retrieve with qpopper.
I use only imap for the webmail and suirrelmail have a specifique plugin to
retrieve pop account and put the result in the associated users imap account.
This really a good job!

> exim doesnt create any accounts.

Really?
But exim creat the user file in the /var/mail directory. Isn't it?
So it recognize a unix account to do that..

> > 2. So, is it secure to create a unix-account for each mail user?
> It can be.

It's enough to use shell /bin/false?

> You dont want your usaer accounts in the mail group.
> Users do not need to have shells for exim to deliver mail to them

What is the best group for the mail users? (i suppose i must creat a
specific?)
Thank's a lot for your answer.

E.Bullier