[Exim] Exim4: semantic checks with '-bV'?

Autor: John Horne
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [Exim] Exim4: semantic checks with '-bV'?
Hello,

I noticed late on Friday that some of our systems running Exim 4 had in
their configure file:

host_lookup = ! local_hosts

Whilst this 'looks' okay and passes the '-bV' syntax check, it in fact
should have been:

host_lookup = ! +local_hosts

In that respect the option was doing host lookups for all hosts since we
don't have a host named 'local_hosts'!

Is it possible to incorporate a little semantic check of literal names
to see if they have also been declared as a hostlist, domainlist, etc?

Regards,

John.

--
John Horne, University of Plymouth, UK       Tel: +44 (0)1752 233914
E-mail: jhorne@???