Re: [Exim] newbie needs help with mailhub config

Página Inicial
Autor: Tabor J. Wells
Para: Wouter Bakker
CC: exim (E-mail)
Assunto: Re: [Exim] newbie needs help with mailhub config
On Fri, Jul 19, 2002 at 02:02:19PM +0200,
Wouter Bakker <w.bakker@???> is thought to have said:

> You probably have heard the question a lot of times before but here I
> am, still posing this question...

It is a commonly asked question. I know the answer exists in the list
archives.

> In the near future, the situation will be as following:
> All local mail (local to local) remains on the e-mailserver; outbound
> mail is redirected to the "smarthost" Exim mailhub; all incoming mail
> (from Internet) is forwarded to the mailhub by the firewall.
>
> Now I need to configure the exim.config file to send all outbound mail
> coming from the mailserver, to the Internet AND to pump all incoming
> mail from the Internet to the mailserver. This is at this moment the
> troublesome part.

What you want to use is a domainlist router (exim 3) or a manualroute router
(exim 4) to redirect mail for specific domains (like your local domains)
directly via route_list to whatever server is responsible for local delivery.
Your outbound mail can just fall through to the default lookuphost/dnslookup
router.

Tabor

Tabor J. Wells                                     twells@???
Fsck It!                 Just another victim of the ambient morality