Re: [Exim] Reducing number of Exim processes

Author: Nico Erfurth
To: Greg Ward, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Reducing number of Exim processes
Greg Ward wrote:
> Unfortunately Mailman 2.0.x prefers to submit messages via SMTP to
> localhost. (It has code to open a pipe to /usr/sbin/sendmail, but it's
> insecure because it uses popen() rather than pipe()/fork()/exec(), so
> its use is strongly discouraged.)

Right, i forgot, but this would make things MUCH better (i think). *SIGH*

How about using some black magic with queue_smtp_domains?

like
queue_smtp_domains = ${if eq {127.0.0.1}{$interface_address}{*}{}}

just an idea, and totaly untested ;)

>>This reduces load sometimes, running nscd helps you to reduce the time a
>>process needs for resolving the mx (not much, but better than nothing).
> I'm already running dnscache on the mail server, so I don't think I
> can make DNS any faster.

nscd COULD be a little bit faster, but don't let's talk about µs ;)

ciao