Re[2]: [Exim] Reducing number of Exim processes

Góra strony
Autor: Richard Welty
Dla: exim-users
Temat: Re[2]: [Exim] Reducing number of Exim processes
On Thu, 18 Jul 2002 13:33:27 -0400 Greg Ward <gward@???> wrote:

> > This reduces load sometimes, running nscd helps you to reduce the time
> > process needs for resolving the mx (not much, but better than nothing).

> I'm already running dnscache on the mail server, so I don't think I can
> make DNS any faster.

ok, this is a dumb mistake that you've probably not made -- but did you set
/etc/resolv.conf to point at the mailserver? otherwise, having a caching
nameserver running on the local box doesn't actually do anything.

richard
--
Richard Welty
rwelty@???                                 Averill Park Networking