RE: [Exim] Exim and Spamassassin pipe problem

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Simon Barr
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: RE: [Exim] Exim and Spamassassin pipe problem
On Thu, 18 Jul 2002, Simon Barr wrote:

> The input was a mail returning from this transport:
>
> spamcheck:
> driver = pipe
> command = /usr/exim/bin/exim -oMr spam-scanned -bS -d9
> transport_filter = /usr/bin/spamc
> bsmtp = all

<snip>

> So if the "." was missing that would point to spamc being the culprit
> wouldn't it?

Yes - I don't think Exim gets this wrong, because BSMTP has been in use
for some time.

> Can I get Exim to keep what it had received before the
> unexpected EOF and maybe dunp it to a text file to confirm the "." is
> indeed missing?

Since it is complaining about a problem on line 3, it looks as if it
hasn't received anything much at all. But I'm afraid there's no way of
doing exactly what you want.

For a test, you could replace "/usr/bin/exim" with some other command
which takes a copy and then calls exim (or not, if you are just
testing). Maybe you could use "tee" somehow?