RE: [Exim] Exim and Spamassassin pipe problem

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Simon Barr
A: Exim Users
Asunto: RE: [Exim] Exim and Spamassassin pipe problem

> Searching the archives I see that our problem was with the libraries SA
> uses. I missed your original message - the exim mailing list is
> getting very
> active! - however the archives show you say that the fix won't
> work in this
> case. Why not? It is also odd that this problem only occassionally occurs,
> mine occurred all the time until fixed. Your transport looks similar to
> ours, so no problem there (??). The only thing I could think of
> is if maybe
> the connection is dropped sometimes. I'd expect exim to return a different
> message though.
>

> John.

John,

I don't think your fix applies in my case as the error is different. Below
is the debug output I get.

  SMTP<< RCPT TO:<simon.barr@???>
  SMTP<< DATA
  search_tidyup called
  LOG: 4 MAIN
    unexpected EOF while reading SMTP data (header) from mail
  Handling error in batched SMTP input
  An error was detected while processing a file of BSMTP input.
  The error message was:

    554 Unexpected end of file

The SMTP transaction started in line 0.
The error was detected in line 3.
The rest of the batch was abandoned.
search_tidyup called
554 Unexpected end of file
Transaction started in line 0
Error detected in line 3

And here is yours (from the archive).

SMTP<< MAIL FROM:<jhorne@???>
SMTP<< RCPT TO:<jhorne@???>
SMTP<< DATA
search_tidyup called
>>Original headers (size=90):

ld.so.1: /usr/local/bin/spamc: fatal: libgdbm.so.2: open failed: No such
file or directory

  LOG: 4 MAIN
    unexpected EOF while reading SMTP data (after header) from exim
  Handling error in batched SMTP input
  An error was detected while processing a file of BSMTP input.

As you can see I don't get the no such file or directory error you
had. Even so I had added the path to the library in my transport to
see if it made any difference.

Thanks,

Simon Barr
Systems Engineer