[Exim] Re: Problems interworking with Exchange 2000

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Derrick 'dman' Hudson
To: exim-users
題目: [Exim] Re: Problems interworking with Exchange 2000
--
On Wed, Jul 17, 2002 at 11:42:43AM +0100, Chris Bayliss wrote:
| We're having a few problems interworking with Microsoft Exchange 2000.
| This is set up to use our exim mail hub as a smarthost (bham.ac.uk).
| A problem then ocurrs when trying to receive email. The following
| message appears in the logs

| 17Um1g-0004B7-00 SMTP data timeout (message abandoned) on connection from is1.bham.ac.uk (is1.adf.bham.ac.uk) [147.188.129.77]

| Has anyone seen anything similar or got any suggestions for what
| may be going wrong/how to fix it?

Yeah, I saw a lot of these at the time I had some really bad wiring
(and ~ 50% packet loss over the first hop). What that message says is
the connection timed out. The sender just stopped sending (or maybe
all the packets were lost, but same difference) for an extended period
of time. exim sees that it no longer has a connection with the other
host, so it just shrugs and goes about its business.

| (a skip for the 2000 servers is not an option).

The solution will be on the windows/exchange system. Convince it to
not drop connections.

-D

--
One man gives freely, yet gains even more;
another withholds unduly, but comes to poverty.

http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/