RE: [Exim] Exim and Spamassassin pipe problem

Author: John Horne
To: Exim Users
Subject: RE: [Exim] Exim and Spamassassin pipe problem
On 17-Jul-2002 at 08:10:49 Simon Barr wrote:
>> The mail server processes around 150-200 mails a day and I get a
>> problem with maybe 8-10 of them.
>> Could this be an Exim problem or a Spamassassin problem? Any ideas
>> gratefully received. If I can't fix this I may have to just put up
>> with spam and I don't really want that :-(
>
> I must be the only person experiencing this problem then. Does no
> one at least have an idea whether this is Exim or Spamassassin's
> problem, I suspect Spamassassin but would like an expert opinion.

Searching the archives I see that our problem was with the libraries SA
uses. I missed your original message - the exim mailing list is getting very
active! - however the archives show you say that the fix won't work in this
case. Why not? It is also odd that this problem only occassionally occurs,
mine occurred all the time until fixed. Your transport looks similar to
ours, so no problem there (??). The only thing I could think of is if maybe
the connection is dropped sometimes. I'd expect exim to return a different
message though.

John.

E-mail: jhorne@???