Re: [Exim] Problems interworking with Exchange 2000

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Paul Kelly
To: C.B.Bayliss, exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Problems interworking with Exchange 2000
i have seen this type of problem before with exchange. Its when exchange is
smtp receiving on some mails it seems to miss the terminating \r\n.\r\n
sequence. if your problem is with exchange sending out mails then i dont
know. ive seen some reports saying its a "blachole router" networking
problem but in my experience its been down to the actual data in the mails.

it tends to be on smaller mails but not always and quite often on mails that
have been generated by programs opening a pipe to sendmail/exim. I cannot be
sure what is causing this but think on one occasion i tracked it down to a
program (not exim) writing data into a function using a va_list before
sending it down a socket. it seemed as though this was causing an invalid
character (maybe a null \0) to somehow get into the mail data stream causing
problems with exchange.

my understanding of the problem is pretty vague but if you have a few
specific mails that wont go to exchange it might be worth checking them for
strange characters.

Paul