[Exim] .eml attachments

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Erik Erskine
To: exim-users
Betreff: [Exim] .eml attachments
I've been using the filter at ftp://ftp.exim.org/pub/filter, this is
helpful.

It stops attachments with a .eml extension, and I've had users complain
that they are unable to forward mails containing other attachments.
Their mail client (Mozilla on Windows) sends a message with an
attachment "ForwardedMessage.eml" which itself contains the other
attachments.

I've had to remove the check for .eml from the filter. What messages
will now pass through that shouldn't? I'm assuming that any executable
content will be caught by checking the nested attachments.

Can anyone point me to an example of a problem .eml attachment?

thanks,

Erik

|   Erik Erskine                                                     |
|   Sundayta Ltd                                                     |