[Exim] Newbie question regarding /etc/aliases and exim

Autor: jlambden
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [Exim] Newbie question regarding /etc/aliases and exim

Hi,

Sorry to ask this question but I can't see it as a FAQ.

I've got Exim 3.22 configured as follows:

primary_hostname = myserver.mydomain.co.uk
qualify_domain = mydomain.co.uk
qualify_recipient = mydomain.co.uk
local_domains = myserver.mydomain.co.uk
forbid_domain_literals
never_users = root
host_lookup = *
ignore_errmsg_errors_after = 2d
timeout_frozen_after = 7d

remote_smtp:
driver = smtp
local_delivery:
driver = appendfile
file = /var/mail/$local_part
delivery_date_add
envelope_to_add
return_path_add
address_pipe:
driver = pipe
return_output
address_file:
driver = appendfile
delivery_date_add
envelope_to_add
return_path_add
address_reply:
driver = autoreply

system_aliases:
driver = aliasfile
file = /etc/aliases
search_type = lsearch
file_transport = address_file
pipe_transport = address_pipe

userforward:
driver = forwardfile
file = .forward
no_verify
no_expn
check_ancestor
file_transport = address_file
pipe_transport = address_pipe
reply_transport = address_reply

localuser:
driver = localuser
transport = local_delivery

send_to_mailserver:
driver = domainlist
transport = remote_smtp
route_list = * mailserver.mydomain.co.uk bydns_a
host_find_failed = pass
fallback_hosts = mailserver2.mydomain.co.uk

send_to_lotus:
driver = domainlist
transport = remote_smtp
route_list = * mailserver3.mydomain.co.uk byname

In /etc/aliases in have aliases configured in what I think is a standard way:

maillist1:user1@???,user2@???,user3@???

Basically the config sends all e-mails to mailserver.mydomain.co.uk
All works well apart from when sending to the aliases in /etc/aliases

In the above example the alias maillist1 is not broken down into the 3 seperate
e-mail address above instead 3 e-mails
are sent to:

maillist1@???

I'm not wishing to use virtual domains or anything similar I just wish to use
the aliases as stated above.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

James

This e-mail is from Energis plc, 50 Victoria Embankment, London, EC4Y 0DE, United
Kingdom, No: 2630471.

This e-mail is confidential to the addressee and may be privileged. The views
expressed are personal and do not necessarily reflect those of Energis. If you are not
the intended recipient please notify the sender immediately by calling our switchboard on
+44 (0) 20 7206 5555 and do not disclose to another person or use, copy or forward
all or any of it in any form.