[Exim] Re: system filter to catch bounce messages

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Derrick 'dman' Hudson
A: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] Re: system filter to catch bounce messages
--
On Tue, Jul 16, 2002 at 03:35:51PM +0100, David Markham wrote:
| Yes after posting i realised I should be using $sender_address_local_part.

| the reason I cannot use a different address to send mail out from the server
| is that its an application thing that I have no control over. A different
| department.

| They send mails out to the internet as info@domain

| Any bounce messages generated from this mail needs to be captured and mailed
| to a certain person.

What you want to do is set the following on the outgoing SMTP router :

    errors_to = ${if eq {$sender_address_local_part}{info} {the_bounce_receiver@your_domain.example} {$sender_address}}

this will change the envelope so that bounces go to the desired address.

| The messages which are delivered successfully may reply in which case I have
| aliases for info@domain to forward to some real address somewhere.

| I know replies go to header address and not envelopes but software such as
| outlook sends its from address you set in the options as the envelope
| address I think anyway ( please correct if wrong ).

You can change the envelope (see above). It doesn't matter that
outlook (or whatever) sets the envelope undesirably. It also doesn't
matter that they are in a different department.

HTH,
-D

--
"...In the UNIX world, people tend to interpret `non-technical user' as
meaning someone who's only ever written one device driver."

http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/