[Exim] Re: Exim 4.05 & Mailiman - Missing the Directors Conf…

Author: Derrick 'dman' Hudson
To: exim list
Subject: [Exim] Re: Exim 4.05 & Mailiman - Missing the Directors Configuration (update)
--
On Sun, Jul 14, 2002 at 11:48:53PM -0400, Mike Gifford wrote:
| Hello,

| Sorry for the confusion that my previous message may have caused. It
| appears that my workstation has both exim 3.33 & 4.05 installed. I am
| in the process now of removing 3.33.

| I'm assuming now that the Directors Config area in the runtime
| configuration file has been removed in 4.x

Correct. exim4 was revamped, and the router/director distinction was
removed.

| If so does anyone have any suggestions on the modifications required to
| a 4.05 setting to get mailman & exim cooperating?

Convert the example director to a router.

The Mailman 2.1 CVS tree has instructions on using exim4.

I'm sure you can combine the data in the mailman instructions and
exim's spec to create the necessary transports and routers tailored to
your usage of mailman. If you have specific questions about certain
options or something, then by all means ask. (I haven't personally
configured mailman so I can't really give any better info than that)

HTH,
-D

--
Microsoft DNS service terminates abnormally when it receives a response
to a dns query that was never made.

http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/