Re: [Exim] exim-4.05 and spamassassin - A Good Idea ?

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: John Horne
To: exim-users
題目: Re: [Exim] exim-4.05 and spamassassin - A Good Idea ?
On 10-Jul-2002 at 14:20:47 Paul Matthews wrote:
> We are running exim-4.05, using it as a mail hub sending email out to
> various NT/Unix/Novell boxes around campus (no local accounts on the
> exim box).
>
> We are (along with most other sites I'd imagine) getting increasing
> amounts of spam/unsolicited bulk email. I was wondering if anyone has
> used spamassassin in such a mail hub set up (is it designed to work
> where email is delivered locally ?) and how successful it's been ?

I hope it's a good idea because we are about to do it :-) We shall upgraded
our central mailhubs to Solaris 9, exim to 4.05 and SA to the latest
version. So far it has worked well, but they sometimes come under a load
when a message arrives with a lot of recipients (it seems). That will be
because we have SA checking the message for each recipient - not the best
way but the easiest to implement for us. The mailhubs are Ultra 10's, and
very soon drop down to a low utilisation level.

Hope it helps,

John.

E-mail: jhorne@???