Re: [Exim] pid-file

Página Inicial
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: exim-users
CC: Dave English
Assunto: Re: [Exim] pid-file
On Thu, 11 Jul 2002, Simon Williams wrote:

> grepping for set_process_info in the Exim source (4.05), it seems
> that 'accepting a local non-SMTP message from <%s>' is used for
> accepting mails from MUAs. Is this right?

Correct for non-SMTP messages. If the MUA uses SMTP, you'll see
"handling incoming connection from ...".

> In that case, would this be better for killing queue-runners?:
>
> kill $(/path/to/exiwhat | grep -v daemon | grep -v handling | \
> grep -v accepting | awk '{print $1}')

Er, I think the plot has gone astray here. Or I'm confused. My
recollection was that nobody wanted to kill individual queue runners.
What the original poster wanted was to start a daemon with something
like -q15m but NOT -bd, and find a way of killing *that daemon*
conveniently. Its process should show up in exiwhat as a daemon, without
the "listening" stuff.

(BTW, your command would kill processes that are "delivering"...)