Re: [Exim] different permissions while setting up transport …

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Philip Hazel
To: Conrad Wood
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] different permissions while setting up transport and writing spool
On 11 Jul 2002, Conrad Wood wrote:

> nope.
>
> -rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         7372 Jan  3  2002 exicyclog
> -rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         2550 Jan  3  2002 exigrep
> -rwsr-xr-x    1 root     root       465860 Jan  3  2002 exim

This is getting silly. We need to sort out exactly what's going on in
your environment. The key clue is the debug line

Removed setuid privilege: uid=1001 gid=1001 euid=1001 egid=1001

You are running Exim 3.33. What you didn't send (at least I can't find
it) is the original method you used to send the message that failed. Did
you call exim with any special parameters?

That message ("Removed setuid privilege") is output when Exim removes
the privilege because one of the following is true:

. it was called with the -C option by a non-root, non-exim caller
. it was called with the -D option by a non-root, non-exim caller

Did you originally call it with one of those options? If so, that is the
explanation, because those options will have been passed on when the
user process tried to call Exim to send the autoreply.

I can't see any other way that that message gets written, so if you
didn't use -C or -D, I'm really at a loss.