[Exim] Re: TLS/SSL & something other than port 25

Autor: Derrick 'dman' Hudson
A: exim list
Assumpte: [Exim] Re: TLS/SSL & something other than port 25
--
On Wed, Jul 10, 2002 at 05:56:28PM -0400, Mike Gifford wrote:
| On Wed, 2002-07-10 at 16:45, Tamas TEVESZ wrote:
| > On 10 Jul 2002, Mike Gifford wrote:

| > > However from the docs I'm not sure if this
| > > should be done in the Makefile or in the config.
| > both - you have to enable tls support in the makefile, and you have to
| > configure some stuff (tls_*) in the runtime config. i'm not sure
| > whether exim supports sending directly to ssmtp servers (ie where you
| > start with an ssl conncetion from right at the beginning, as oposed to
| > issung starttls) - does it, anyone ?

| Now the runtime config is:
|     /etc/exim/configure

| And the make file that I want to modify is:
|     exim-4.04/Makefile

No, it's exim-4.04/Local/Makefile. Read exim-4.04/src/EDITME first.
As long as you're going to recompile, you might as well get version
4.05.

| I'm not sure what's supposed to go in the runtime config at all..  I
| can't just put:
|     tls_* in and don't know where the list of functions is..

It's all in the spec. See exim-4.04/doc/spec.txt.

| > > Openssh is already installed. I've got a public/private key
| > > generated.
| > wrong path. you need openssl to generate certificates, not openssh to
| > generate ssh keys :)

| but you said I could do it without ssl???

That's right, but you mixed up 'ssh' and 'ssl' in your original post.

HTH,
-D

--

He who finds a wife finds what is good