Re: [Exim] SMTP AUTH problem with 3.34+

Góra strony
Autor: Philip Hazel
Dla: Alexander Koch
CC: exim-users
Temat: Re: [Exim] SMTP AUTH problem with 3.34+
On Wed, 10 Jul 2002, Alexander Koch wrote:

> -->
> fixed_plain:
>         driver = plaintext
>         public_name = PLAIN
>         server_condition = "${if and {{!eq{$2}{}}{!eq{$3}{}} \
>                              {crypteq{$3}{${extract{2}{:} \
>                              {${lookup{$2}lsearch{/etc/exim/smtp-auth/crypt-auth}{$value}{*:*}}}}}}}{1}{0}}"
>         server_set_id = $2
> <--

> That thingy does not work any more and on the FAQ pages it's
> still the old recipe, it worked with 3.1x and now it doesn't.
>
> I have 3.35 now, but the 3.36 changelog does not give any
> hint in that direction either.

There were some fixes to expansions that tightened up the handling of
incorrect expansion strings. However, I can't see anything wrong with
your expansion.

I'm afraid you'll have to run some debugging tests to find out exactly
what's going on. Unfortunately, server_debug_print is an Exim 4 option.
Have you tried running tests using "exim -be"?

> And also
> thanks for that well done piece of software, saved my butt
> quite some times already.

Thank you.

Oh, one last thing. Are you trying to authenticate with the same client
as before? (That is, are you sure the client hasn't changed?)