Re: [Exim] different permissions while setting up transport …

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Philip Hazel
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Conrad Wood
Kopio: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [Exim] different permissions while setting up transport and writing spool
On 10 Jul 2002, Conrad Wood wrote:

> spool permissions: (mail uid=8, mail gid=8)
> cnw uid = 1001.
> So, I guess it attempts to deliver as the recipient user and write
> to the spool as the recipient. huh? how come it works atall? ;)

That's a mystery. What are the permissions on the Exim binary? They
should be something like this:

-rwsr-xr-x   1 root     root     3675408 Jun 13 10:29 exim

> .. is the config file

.. contains no "security" setting. My guess is that your Exim binary's
permissions are wrong.