Re: [Exim] TLS/SSL & something other than port 25

Góra strony
Autor: Tamas TEVESZ
Dla: Mike Gifford
CC: exim list
Temat: Re: [Exim] TLS/SSL & something other than port 25
On 10 Jul 2002, Mike Gifford wrote:

> So I'd like to modify my config so that I can use a port other than 25
> to send mail to another SMTP server.

that's a `port =' option to the smtp transport

> The server that I've contacted has suggested that I can do this if I set
> up TLS/SSL encryption.

you can do it even without ssl.

> However from the docs I'm not sure if this
> should be done in the Makefile or in the config.

both - you have to enable tls support in the makefile, and you have to
configure some stuff (tls_*) in the runtime config. i'm not sure
whether exim supports sending directly to ssmtp servers (ie where you
start with an ssl conncetion from right at the beginning, as oposed to
issung starttls) - does it, anyone ?

> Openssh is already
> installed. I've got a public/private key generated.

wrong path. you need openssl to generate certificates, not openssh to
generate ssh keys :)

i learnt from some recent discussions on the list that a service
called submission or something is used to circumvent these nasty
providers' restriction. you might want to look for that in the
archives.

--
[-]