Re: [Exim] pid-file

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Simon Williams
A: Dave English
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] pid-file
* On Wed, Jul 10, 2002 at 02:53:08PM BST, Dave English <davide@???> wrote:
> This is a PGP signed message sent according to RFC3156 [PGP/MIME]
> --
> In message
> <Pine.GSO.4.10.10207101417080.3718-100000@???>,
> Michael Collin Nielsen <michael@???> writes
> >I don't get a /var/spool/exim/exim-daemon.pid file :-/
>
> Me neither.
>
> Without one, I am unsure how to write the script to stop it. ( Excuse
> any ignorance here, I am a newbie ).

It appears to me that, if you didn't specify the location of the pid
file in the Makefile when you compiled, then it will be called
exim-daemon.pid and be in the Exim spool directory (wherever that is
in your installation).

It should be a plain text file with a number, indicating Exim's
process ID, followed by a line feed.

To find it, you could try:

locate exim-daemon.pid

or look in the Makefile to see if its location was explicitly defined.

A script to kill Exim could simply contain:

kill `cat /path/to/pid-file`

or

kill $(cat /path/to/pid-file)

--
   Simon <simon@???> **** PGP: 099977D0
"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty."